Your Long Distance Romance: 10 Tips to Keep it Sizzling
Long distance relationships start for many reasons. Maybe you met online, and the time is not yet right for either of you to make a move, or you’ve been together for some time and now school or work is pulling you apart. No matter what the reason, only the two of you can decide if you want to try and make this relationship last through distance and time. Long distance romance can be much more challenging for a couple, and either one or both of you can feel lonely at times. However, there are definitely some benefits to long distance relationships, like making the absolute best of your limited time together and not wanting to leave one another when that time is up. All of the little things that you take for granted add up to big things when you are truly in love.
Here are some of our best suggestions to keep the romance hot and sizzling between the two of you:
- Set plans and guidelines ahead of time. How long will this separation be? What are the goals the two of you have for your relationship? What is your commitment level to each other? What about going out? Set some rules for the relationship– you might feel it is okay to hang out with friends, but hate the thought of those of the opposite sex being along. Work through these things and decide how you should handle them, together, before they become issues.
- Take time for each other every day. Talk on the phone or via chat messages and tell each other about your day, your triumphs and pitfalls, and tell them if you miss them! Laugh together and tell them what funny things happened along your travels each day. Send short text messages throughout the day, nothing is sweeter than a quick, “I love you and miss you so much” no matter when it is received, and a quick “Good Morning, Beautiful!” sets the tone for a great day!
- “I Love You” Cards
- Send pictures. This one should go without saying. Yes, definitely send pictures of yourself, but also about places you are going and people you are seeing. It will give you lots to talk about when you get a chance to do that. Going to dinner with some old friends? Have the waitress snap a picture to send your sweetheart. Visiting a pretty beach or an interesting landmark? Send them a picture so they can live vicariously through you. Of course, nothing beats those late night snapshots that can lead to some spicy phone or online conversations, which might lead you to our next tip: video chat.
- Miss You Messages for Boyfriend
- Miss You Messages for Girlfriend
- Video chat: Using this is the next best thing to being there. They can see the expression on your face when you are talking or when they tell you (or show you!) something. Video chat can be lots of fun for lovers that are far apart, and don’t forget to talk and act a little naughty. You want them to go to sleep thinking about you every night!
- Long Distance Relationship Quotes and Love Messages
- Don’t be obsessive. What we mean is not to be crazy about communicating all day long. You would not do this if you weren’t apart from each other, and smothering each other will do more harm than good. Keep in mind the old adage, less is more. Keep them wondering by flirting and teasing while you are away from each other. They will be thrilled when they do get you in their arms.
- Visit when possible. While this may not always be possible, it can really heat things up for a couple. Long-distance romances thrive on visits; all the waiting and wanting get to culminate in the short time you have together. Kissing and holding hands might be mundane to some couples, but they are like heaven to both of you after being apart for so long. Making love is extra intimate for long distance lovers that have stoked the fire while away; time to make those fireworks go off!
- Flirty Pick Up Lines and Messages
- Surprises. Every now and then, send them a little gift or a sweet card in the mail. Nothing will delight the other person more. You can do this no matter the logistics, even if they are in another country. Look online for gifts you can have shipped directly to them, and make it something that they will love and that will remind them of you every time they see it. Does your guy love sports? Send him a tee shirt or hat with his favorite team logo. Girlfriend love flowers or animals? A teddy bear or beautiful arrangement is in order. Spice things up by sending your lover something that you want to see them wear– it’s a gift for both of you!
- 5 Steps Toward Happier Relationships
- View this separation as a golden opportunity. You should view your separation as a good learning opportunity for you as a couple. After all, nothing tests love like separation, and if you are meant to be together, nothing will keep you apart in the end. In fact, long-distance relationships can strengthen your bonds and deepen your love for each other.
- Enjoy your time alone. Spend time with friends and family, or nurturing hobbies that you may have neglected. Learn to love your own company, as being interesting and interested in lots of things actually makes you more exciting to the other person as well.
- “I Miss You” Quotes
- Don’t sweat it so much. Have fun together, even while you are apart. Do things together like playing online games or watching a video at the same time. You can even go for a walk and Skype each other while doing it. You can recommend books and movies to each other, and send links to news and even jokes that your partner would enjoy so that you can share experiences from afar.
- Use some of these tips to get you thinking about your long-distance relationship. Whatever you do, keep it from being routine and boring. Be creative and spontaneous– think a surprise visit or sultry video that reminds them just exactly why they are determined to make this long-distance romance work, and sizzle!